This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Status, CF question

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Is this project being maintained?

If it is, does the author have any idea how hard it would be to build a version for the compact .NET Framework? I've been looking for a way to get access to some of the X509Certificate2 properties not available in the compact framework (like the stuff about private keys, most noticably). I can in principle try to build the version myself, but right now a lot of background knowledge (I have no experience with the native Windows Mobile API) I am missing makes this impossible - and interop is not my strong suit even on desktop windows. Guidance or, if possible, another build would be very appreciated - chasing down information about this stuff is not easy.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Yes this project is being maintained, but by the desktop CLR team.   I wouldn't expect it to be trivially portable to the CF, since I would think that many of the requirements the library needs (CNG being the key one) may not yet be present on that platform.

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM

If the desktop CLR team is responsible, is that here, or as part of the regular .NET updates, or something else?

Thanks for the information about CF, too, shawnfa - I figured as much.

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Here - this is the official site for these libraries.   There aren't any current plans to fold them back into the official .NET Framework at this point.

-Shawn